What you can expect of meI believe therapy should be a collaborative effort between client and therapist. While I may share some evidenced-based ideas during our sessions, only you are the expert on what works for you. My sessions will generally follow a cognitive behavioral approach, meaning that we will examine, and possibly shift, your thoughts and perspectives on life situations as well as the behavioral expressions of these thoughts that are causing you enough distress to want to pursue change. Together we will form a plan of action that is the right fit for you at this point in time.
Interventions may include the use of:
- Motivational Interviewing
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Structured Psychotherapy for Adolescents Responding to Chronic Stress for Individuals
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)